What are corporate ethics and compliance? Why are they so important?
With legal expert Harry Nelson as your guide, you will explore key ethical and compliance issues through the lenses of federal, state, and local laws. You will also consider the elements of successful compliance programs that thoughtfully manage risk, while at the same time maintaining transparency, accountability, and integrity.
In this course, you will analyze key principles and best practices related to:
- Corporate ethics and compliance
- Federal, state, and local laws
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement of non-compliance
- Parity and the Affordable Care Act
- Legal oversight and attorney-client privilege
- Maintaining accountability and managing risk
- Compliance programs and the compliance officer’s role
- Corporate training and workforce management
Harry Nelson is the founder and managing partner of Nelson Hardiman, LLP, as well as the chairman of the National Behavioral Health Association of Providers.
Beyond his legal expertise, Harry is known nationally as a consummate leader at the intersection of healthcare law and business, as evidenced by his role in co-founding five healthcare-related start-ups in the last decade. Deeply immersed in healthcare transformation and innovation; he frequently speaks on cutting edge issues and the future of the industry itself.
A national membership association that provides education and advocacy for those in the behavioral health and addiction treatment industries.
We are the leading and unifying voice of addiction-focused treatment programs.